- This event has passed.
Story Maker Lab Experience
November 8, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Kids love to hear stories and they love to tell stories. Creating stories for multimedia (digital story making) takes this love for stories even farther by providing hands-on practice in developing important 21st Century skills. In this workshop, participants will get an overview of multimedia story making with hands-on practice in a class-wide collaboration to produce a stop-motion animation LEGO® story. Teams will produce one of four segments of a stop-motion animation story. Working from a student-created script, team members will
- photograph story action sequences using Zu3D stop-motion animation software and LEGO® Story Starter figures and bricks,
- record voiceovers and dialogue for the audio track in addition to sourcing sound effects for the story,
- use chroma-key technology (green screen) to add background scenes they source for the story,
- add titles and crawling credits, and
- render the file into a video file format
These story segments will be composited and published to digiSTORY KC’s YouTube Channel where the class can view the final results.
The workshop will provide ideas for how you can add multimedia story making to your own programs.