- This event has passed.
Multimedia Collaboration Project (Stop-Motion Animation)
April 13, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm$25.00
Kids love to hear stories and they love to tell stories. Creating stories for multimedia (digital story making) takes this love for stories even farther by providing hands-on practice in developing important 21st Century skills. In this workshop, participants will get an overview of multimedia story making with hands-on practice in a class-wide collaboration to produce a stop-motion animation LEGO® story. Teams will produce one of seven scenes of a stop-motion animation story. Working from a completed script, team members will
- photograph story action sequences using Zu3D stop-motion animation software and LEGO® Story Starter figures and bricks,
- record voiceovers and dialogue for the audio track in addition to sourcing sound effects for the story,
- use chroma-key technology (green screen) to add background scenes they source for the story,
- add titles and crawling credits, and
- render the file into a video file format
These story segments will be composited and published to digiSTORY KC’s YouTube Channel where the class can view the final results.
NOTE: This is a longer version of our 2-hour Multimedia Lab Experience workshop. The difference between this and the 2-hour version is that the 2-hour version leaves out the camera work of shooting each frame to create the animation, while the 4-hour version allows teams enough time to do the camera shooting of each animation frame. The two-hour version has each team working on the same Claymation story, while the 4-hour version has each team working on one or two scenes from a longer script using LEGO® figures. Each team in the 4-hour LEGO® version contributes to an overall seven-scene group production.