- This event has passed.
DIGITAL SCENE – KC: Data Visualization
March 9 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmFree
We are surrounded and inundated by data. With so much data to absorb, how can we know we are getting the right data, presented in a visually appealing format that is understandable and relevant to our needs? That task falls to those who are talented at DATA VISUALIZATION: the process of graphically representing information and data.
Kansas City is home to many companies and individual experts who are masters in analyzing and then graphically presenting data in an understandable way. Join KC IMAGINE’s next DIGITAL SCENE – KC event on Data Visualization on Thursday, March 9th from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. The location for this event is The DeBruce Foundation, 4520 Main Street Suite #1400, Kansas City, MO 64111.
Learn how data visualization is relevant to your own digital media career. Connect with other digital media professionals in a casual, happy hour event where you can discuss what’s happening with data visualization and digital media in Kansas City.
- Enjoy food and drink
- Network with other KC area digital media professionals and digital media educators
- Meet data visualization professionals from KC companies that specialize in that sector
- See best practice examples of how to create visual solutions that make data appealing, understandable and relevant
These guest exhibitors will be on hand to demonstrate their work in data visualization during the networking event:
- DeBruce Foundation (innovative, interactive reporting structure program)
- Porchlight Insights (data analytics consultancy)
- Pomerol Partners (data analytics consultancy)
- PREP KC (Data Viz contest program for high school students)
- Eric Winter (JCCC student projects utilizing data viz)
- Kansas City Art Institute (Data Viz for graphic designers, with educator Lisa Maione)
Who is Invited? Digital media professionals and digital media educators. (Sorry: students under 21 cannot participate due to the availability of beer & wine).
This event is free, but you must REGISTER to attend:
This event is sponsored by: