- This event has passed.
DIGITAL SCENE – KC: Digital Storytelling
July 19 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Digital media technology has greatly enhanced the storyteller’s ability to reveal a story. Come and see how best-practice storytellers in KC have embraced the wide range of digital technology to tell their stories in fascinating ways. Connect with graphic novelists, screenwriters, bloggers, animators, digital story strategists, and more in the enchanting Woodneath Library Center where story is king.
Join us on July 19th from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. for DIGITAL SCENE – KC: Digital Storytelling. Connect with KC area digital media professionals in a casual, happy hour event while you learn more about what’s going on in KC with digital storytelling.
- Enjoy free food and drink
- Network with other KC area digital media professionals and digital media educators
- Meet with some of KC’s best digital storytelling practitioners
- See screenings of short digital stories and discuss the work with their creators
- Tour Woodneath’s antebellum mansion that now serves as a regional story center
Who Can Attend?
Digital media professionals, digital media educators and digital media students.
This event is free, but you must REGISTER to attend:
- Peter Martin, Graphic Novelist for Mexikid
- Katina Bitsicas, Projection Mapping & Digital Storytelling
- Tammy Broaddus, Story Strategist at Overflow
- Jeff Daly, Storyboarding for Animatics
- Lee Ann Garrison, Mizzou’s Digital Storytelling Program
- Michael Price, Documentary Filmmaker for English Landing Films
- Paul Epp & Pete Whitehead, the story behind The Timekeeper
- Chuck Schneider, The Big Climb Travel Story
…and more to be announced
About the Woodneath Story Center
Located in the historic Woodneath home at the Woodneath Library Center, The Story Center is a mission-enhancement program of Mid-Continent Public Library. It offers services, resources, and educational opportunities to help people create, share, and connect with stories of all kinds. For more information visit https://www.mymcpl.org/story-center or check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mystorycenter.